OUR HISTORY

City Church of Christ began on November 1890 when eleven believers from several different denominational backgrounds met together for the first time to break bread in memory of our risen Lord

 

That day marks the beginning of the Restoration Movement in Western Australia or the beginning of Churches of Christ in WA as well as the beginning of City Church of Christ in Perth.

The first meeting took place in Veryard’s Temperance Hall in Barrack Street near Wellington Street.  On the same evening they conducted their first Gospel Service with about 50 people attending with the first convert baptised in the Swan River in Mid November 1890.